Calculating the Number of Gallons in Your Pool or Pond
How to Calculate:
This formula is a good method of calculating how many gallons of water is in your Swimming Pool or your Water Garden (Pond).
- Calculate average depth. (Deep end depth + shallow end depth) then divide by two.
- Calculate average length and then average width.
Second: Multiply as shown below
- Average Length X Average Width
- Then multiply results by Average Depth
- Then multiply results by 7.5
- Deep End = 8'
- Shallow = 3'
- 8'+3' =11 (then divide by 2 = 5.5' avg. depth.)
- Average length = 32'
- Average Width = 15'
- 32 X 15 = 480
- 480 X 5.5 = 2640
- 2640 X 7.5 = 19,800 gallons (est.)
In order to figure out the correct amount of chemicals to add to your pool, first you have to know how much water your pool can hold. Begin by calculating your pool's depth, then you can determine capacity by using the chart below.
Calculating Pool's Depth:
Average Depth = Shallow End Depth + Deep End Depth / 2
length x width x average depth x 7.5 = *total gallons
circular diameter x diameter x average depth x 5.9 = *total gallons
full width x full length x average depth x 5.9 = *total gallons
if your pool has sloping sides, multiply the final figure by .85.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION NOW
OR CALL US AT 281-357-8161