Preparing Your Pool for Winter Storms
Winterizing Your Pool and Spa
Houston area homes recently experienced the effects of freezing temperatures and winter storms. It is important to fully prepare for these winter events to avoid costly damage to your backyard pool, and best position your pool for a successful spring opening. Backyard Oasis is here to help you and your family properly prepare your residential pool and spa for winter weather, snow, and freezing temperatures.
Tips for Winter Freeze Pool Preparation
- Keep pool equipment turned on and running.
- Keep an eye on your pool pumps, pipes, and lines to make sure there is not cracking or damage.
- Keep water flowing to avoid the pool surface water from freezing.
- Schedule a maintenance appointment for your pool with the return of safe weather.
It is important to monitor the condition of your pool throughout winter weather and freezing temperatures. If pools are left unattended or turned off, water is more likely to freeze and cause damage to the pool structure including pipes or tiles. Once weather conditions permit, a pool specialist should visit your home to assess the condition of the pool and spa.
In the event of a power outage:
If you lose power during a winter storm, it is important to take additional precautions to protect your pool and spa.
- Make sure your breaker is turned off.
- Remove pump pot and filter lids to avoid freeze damage.
- Open valves for pool equipment.
- Remove plugs.
- Disconnect motor.
- Contact pool specialist for evaluation when weather permits.
SCHEDULE A CONSULTATION
SCHEDULE YOUR CONSULTATION NOW
OR CALL US AT 281-357-8161